HEALTHY BANANA GRANOLA

/ 2.21.2015


I remember that when I started my healthy journey I was always looking for good cereals -because I admit I have an obsession-  that weren't  full of sugar. But sadly I failed. I thought eating granola was the best option since it was the "healthy" version of cereal, besides it tastes so good and is extremely similar.

Little by little I learned that the majority of those so called "healthy granolas" that are sold in many super markets are so full of sugar too. Oh, poor Karolayn...

For a moment I thought "What am I going to do?". Obviously the only way to eat something that won't affect but rather support all the effort I do -exercise- was to make my own at home. So I started experimenting but I failed many, many times. It looked like granola but didn't taste like granola or vice versa.

After many attempts, the other day I was feeling inspired and I noticed that my kitchen had a few ingredients  that I could use to try again!  Obviously, as you can see it turned out to be a total success.
It's super easy. I know I say that very often but it is.

You won't need hard to find-ingredients.  Also don't forget that you can adapt this recipe as you like. If you want it more sweeter, add more maple syrup and the same  with the other ingredients. 

Please, if you make it I'll love to know and see some pictures. You can use the hashtag #BLLbananagranola

I hope you like it!!

Si te gustaría ver los post en español déjame saber



INGREDIENTS 
  • 3 cups  old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup  nuts (any you want)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch sea salt 
  • 4 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 very ripped bananas


  • Preheat oven at 400 F / 200 C
  • Use a baking pan with baking paper

In a large bowl place the oats, nuts, vanilla and salt and mix them all together with your hands. In other bowl add the coconut oil, maple syrup and the banana and combine them using your hands. Put both mixtures together and combine them -using your hands- very well for about one minute. Spread the mixture onto the baking pan and place it in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 min. Check every 5 min and move/turn the granola with a wooden spoon. That's it!





No comments

Post a Comment

© Karolayn Corzo. Design:Maira Gall.