#BBGINTERVIEW WITH SHARA SWANSON

/ 8.29.2015














 

+Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live?

My name is Shara Swanson. I am 18 years old born and raised in Minnesota. I recently moved to Las Vegas, Nevada to attend college at UNLV. My major is dance. While I am in school I am also getting a pilates certification, personal training certification, and am thinking of minoring in kinesiology. 


+When & how did you first become interested in a  healthy lifestyle?

I started my healthy lifestyle on May 14th, 2014. I wanted to feel more confident in myself. I also want to be a professional dancer and even though you need to have talent you also need to have the look and at the time I did not have the ideal dancers body. 


+How did you find out about Kayla’s guides? 

I found Kayla's guides through Instagram.








 

+When did you start your BBG?

I started BBG January 6th, 2015 with the Kayla Movement. 


+Which resources did you use to educate yourself about a healthy nutrition?

I have done my own research online to figure out what a healthy diet is. I also have taken two fitness workshops at dance events.






 

+Can you tell us how does a day in your life look like?

Well I just started college so here is my new schedule. I usually wake up at 6 or 7 am depending on what time my first class is. I workout either at 6:30 or 7:30 am. I go back to my dorm and get ready for the day. Then I eat breakfast. After breakfast I go to my first class. Then I eat a snack. Then I have my second class. Then I have lunch. After lunch I am either done with classes for the day or I have two more (it depends on the day). I have another snack(s) before dinner. Then I do homework. Then I eat dinner. After dinner I do more homework or relax and then go to sleep.


+Do you have a favorite exercise/activity to do?

My favorite activity is dancing but I don't count that as my exercise for the day. So my favorite workout is probably legs or a full body workout. 


+What are your plans for the future?

I am 18 so it is kind of hard to say exactly how I want my life to be, but right now I want to be a professional dancer in Las Vegas or NYC. I want to be a personal trainer on the side. I would also love to make workout guides for women and to own my gym. 




 

+What are some of your favorite places to hang out where you live?

In Minnesota I loved boating on the river. In Las Vegas I like being at a pool at a nice Las Vegas hotel or walking around on the strip. 


+Do you have any secret talents or weird hobbies you're into?

I have no secret talents. I know I am lame. lol



+We know that each of us has someone or something, which inspires our life and work. Can you tell us the true basis of your inspiration?

Kayla Itsines is one of my biggest inspirations because she is a young woman who had a goal of being a personal trainer and she made it happen. She said that people doubted her and she proved them wrong. She didn't let her age stop her either. Kayla is still fairly young and she has made it big in the fitness industry. She has shown me if you want something bad enough you have to go and get it. Once you accomplish your goal you need to remain humble and count your blessings. Kayla is a true inspiration. 


+What is your dream project?

-My dream project is to create my own guides for women and to own my own gym with a healthy breakfast diner connected to it. (Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I have some awesome healthy recipes)


+What are you currently listening to when you exercise?

I am currently on spotify and I listen to @corporatesneakers bbg playlist.





 

+What do like to do when you're not exercising?

When I am not exercising I like to dance, relax at the pool, shop, and make healthy food recipes. 


+Do you have any advice or recommendation for people that want to start the BBG or become healthier like you?

Balance is KEY when you start a healthy lifestyle. You need to find what works for you. This is your journey. Don't compare yourself to another person. We are all built different and we transform at different times. Keep your chin up when you see no progress. I promise if you work hard and eat right your body will reward you.






Special thanks to Shara for answering the questions and motivating us and please stop by her Instagram @ss.fitness.health and tell her that you read the interview (:


Let me know what you girls think. And if you have any particular question that you want to see, please leave it on the comments below!!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Karolayn Corzo. Design:Maira Gall.